Peanut Butter Day!
All doggos love peanut butter, that's why I thought it would be a great idea to share this new recipe I found! Thank you to Sally's Baking Addiction this treat will be a hit.
Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats
- 1 cup of natural creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 2-3 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the peanut butter, milk, and egg together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the flour and baking powder. You may need to turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and use your hands to work in the flour. Mix in the oats and bacon. The dough is extremely thick and heavy.
- Using a floured rolling pin, cut into shapes using cookie cutters or a knife. Arrange on the baking sheets. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven, and flip the treats to bake the other side for 10-12 more minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving to your pup. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Check out the full article on Sally's Baking Addiction.