dog treats · fall treats · food · food blog post · tasty ·
Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats!
These tasty treats are perfect for the fall season!
- 4-4.5 cups of oatmeal plus additional
- 1 medium apple
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grind the oatmeal down in a food processor or blender. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Core apple, being sure to remove all of the seeds. Grate apple, and add to bowl with oatmeal.
- Add egg and canned pumpkin to bowl and mix well to combine. The mixture will be thick and slightly sticky.
- On a surface dusted with oatmeal (ground or not, your choice) roll the dough out to approximately 1/2" thick. Use a doggy bone cookie cutter to cut dough into shapes, and transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Thank you to Three Little Ferns for this awesome recipe!